Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Buddhist Pattern on the Trestleboard


This is a variation on The Pattern on the Trestleboard found in both The Tarot and The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order by Paul Foster Case.  The original can be found on B.O.T.A.'s website .

The numbered statements are associated with the sephiroth on the Tree of Life.  Recitation can be more effective when the Tree is drawn on the body in imagination as each statement is spoken.  The statement numbered zero can be associated with the Ain, the Ain Soph or the Ain Soph Aur, as you prefer.


                      This is Truth about No Self

 0.  All the Power that ever was or will be is within the Clear Light of
 the Pure Land.

 1.  I am an expression of the Golden Radiance of the Buddha which
 eternally creates and sustains the Universe.

 2.  Through me, the Wisdom of the Buddha takes form in thought
 and word.

 3.  Filled with Understanding of the Clear Light of the Buddha, I am
 guided, moment by moment along the Supreme Path to Enlightenment.

 4.  From the Exhaustless Riches of the Compassionate Buddha, I draw
 blessings unto myself and all Sentient Beings.

 5.  I recognize the manifestation of the Perfect Justice of Karma in all
 the circumstances of my Life.

 6.  I see the Beauty of the Golden Radiance of the Buddha in all things,
 Great and Small.

 7.  I live in accordance with the Will of the Buddha, supported by the
 Wisdom and Understanding of the Enlightened Mind.

 8.  I look forward, with confidence, to the Perfect Realization of the
 Eternal Splendour of the Awakened Mind.

 9.  In thought, word and deed, I rest my life upon the Sure Foundation of
the Wisdom of Emptiness.

 10.  The Diamond Radiance of the Buddha is emodied in my flesh.

                                 A U M

 Optional Visualization during recitation:

 Visualize the Buddha above your head or overshadowing your entire
 body like an etheric double.

 Feel the Clear Light filling your Luminous Vehicle with Widsom and
 Compassion

 Feel the Strength, Purity, Love and Compassion of the Pure Land
 radiating out to all Sentient Beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment